This easy walk links together the main attractions, leisure and shopping facilities in the centre of Dundee (listed below). It is convenient whether you come by road or rail, starting at a large car park near the rail station. It allows you to stop off and spend time at whichever place is of most interest, or to leave members of the family behind and meet up with them later! It can be combined with the walk up Dundee Law giving a magnificent view over the city.
- The best known feature is the RRS Discovery, symbol of Dundee's revival
- There are some very impressive architectural features
- The most unusual features are probably the statues of Desperate Dan and Minnie the Minx
- There are plenty of places for shopping and to enjoy food and drink along the route
- If you haven't been back to Dundee for some time, you'll be surprised by the changes!
|Location||Dundee City, East of Scotland|
|Date walked||11 years living in the city!|
|Walk type||Town and City walks|
|Difficulty||Suitable for anyone who enjoys an easy walk|
|Time taken||1 hrs 0 mins|
|Map used||Various Dundee street maps available|
|Walk source info||Personal knowledge and tourist leaflets|
|Getting there||Train to Dundee Station on East Coast Main Line. Daily air services from London. Bus services to Dundee - Megabus stops at Discovery Point. Car parking at start of walk.|
|Places to stay||Choice of hotels and guest houses in Dundee, and university accommodation.|
|Other features||See the detailed route description for a range of places to visit|